I bury my face in your red roses.
Hoping to find the nape of your neck,
its soft, but not the same at all.
One more time before we say goodbye
Wishing I could taste
the sweet pine smell of your cheek
on my pillow again
Waking up wrestling with
memories and my dreams
all kinky leg wrapped
toes tangled, hair awry.
Wishing… doesnt bring peace
but maybe your maple earth smile will.
One more time before we say goodbye
I have a plaster cast of us holding hands.
Eternally, so white, so pure.
Graceful, its like, they dont know about our fights.
An alternate reality.
They just hold hands like nothing has happened.
But his hand isnt damp and soft like yours,
the fingers I want to put in my mouth
just one more time, before we say goodbye
Just one more time
look at me like I am deep sea treasure
Like you love me and that means something
deeper then you've ever felt.
Dive deeper.
Just one more time
share your appreciation with me...
the sparkly twinkle that happens
in your eyes when we look at each other and realize
that our lives are better because each other.
Just one more time before we say goodbye.
Just one more time before we say goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment