Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Half a Heart 2008



eyelashes touch the edge of my glass
inadvertently I watch the bubbles rise up
I see the whole room smiling
i am probably smiling too
but it just doesnt feel like it inside.

Hoping the new shoes would fit
somehow make me whole again
but the bubbles just keep rising to the top
each with a new version of the same story

wandering a bit lost now
feel like I sorta left my arms back there somewhere
dancing with half a heart
bubbles for dreams
and these dumb new shoes

I am mourning proper now
the stone engraved
clad in black armband
tattooed with invisible ink
a blindfold to the pretty things

at least the magic is present
everyday everywhere
a bumper sticker
a song in the store
the pair of ravens, hummingbirds, butterflies...
and the fucking bunnies.
I am listening
I AM listening

eyelashes drip and stain cheeks
inadvertently I watch the patterns
zig zag on the inside of my shades
trying to hide behind the edge of my glass
as the bubbles rise up I ask myself
is this really me?
half a heart and bubbles for dreams.

noticing the scuffs on my new shoes already
I know it is uncomfortable here
dont really want to stay
but nowhere comes and nowhere goes
so I sit and wait for the change in wind
and breathe, buoyant in this sea

like a coyote, soul starved... 
smelling the air
hoping nourishment will
ride a wave to my senses
give whole to my half a heart
reminding me of all there is
I know I knew once










No comments:

Post a Comment