I can see the wings on your chest
in the shadows of moonlight
you stare at her almost full
unveiled beauty
the same sideways glance
you would give me
that sometimes meant
'hmmmmm. you're cute."
a blanket of stars becomes your backdrop
as I lay and wonder
which constellation will map
our way home
I can see the wings on your chest
shadows play in the hairs I would
run my fingers thru
in the soft bends of our nostalgia
are they wings to fly away?
are they wings to cloak and shroud?
you stare eyes closed
I know where you hand is
I can conjure the crevasses
in the warmth of a memory
interlocked in more than just my hand.
a blanket of late summer breezes
tingle the wet
that I wish was your finger tip
that I wish was your tear
pouring embraces
of loves longing.
No comments:
Post a Comment